- Quantitative developer at Circular Capital: monitoring, maintaining, and improving a proprietary automated trading system using C++ and Python.
- Bachelor of Science (Mathematical Physics) and Diploma in Informatics (University of Melbourne, 2018)
- Master of Science (Computer Science) (with distinction) (University of Melbourne, 2020)
- supervised by Dr Vanessa Teague
- Doctoral studies in theoretical cryptography (ETH Zürich, 2021-2023; not completed)
- supervised by Prof. Ueli Maurer
- Teaching Assistant for Diskrete Mathematik (2021-2023)
- Head Tutor for SWEN20003 Object Oriented Software Development (2016-2020)
- Tutor for COMP90025 Parallel & Multicore Computing and COMP90015 Distributed Systems (2020)
- Tutor for COMP90048 Declarative Programming (2019-2020), COMP90044 Research Methods (2020), and COMP20007 Design of Algorithms (2017-2018)
- Eleanor McMurtry, Olivier Pereira, and Vanessa Teague. When is a test not a proof?. ESORICS (2020).
- Eleanor McMurtry, X. Boyen, C. Culnane, K. Gjøsteen, T. Haines, V. Teague. Towards Verifiable Remote Voting with Paper Assurance. Preprint.
- Jiankai Jin, Eleanor McMurtry, Benjamin I. P. Rubinstein, and Olga Ohrimenko. Are We There Yet? Timing and Floating-Point Attacks on Differential Privacy Systems. IEEE Security & Privacy (2022).
- Eleanor McMurtry, Vanessa Teague, and many others. A series of blog posts about COVIDSafe.
- Jim Mussared and Eleanor McMurtry. The COVIDSafe App - 4 week update.
- Kanga, an online interpreter for the contrived Roo language. Created as part of Master's coursework and then some.
I believe computers can be pleasant and safe to use, if only we would make them so.
My Master's thesis is a proposed protocol for verifiable postal voting, mixing the benefits of paper voting with cryptographic assurance and honest-but-curious receipt freeness. Other interests include distributed systems, programming language theory, abstract algebra, and category theory.
I have a grade of 6th kyu in goju ryu karate, play ice hockey, am learning piano, and occasionally make videogames. I enjoy gardening, cooking, and games of all kinds.